- This wooden twig spoon has been hand-carved, hand-sanded & hand-polished by Vietnamese artisans in a traditional craft village.
Add this item to a play kitchen set up and delight in the adventurous play treats you are sure to be served up.
Each piece is unique and tells the story of the crafts-person selecting the piece of timber and shaping it by hand to bring out the beauty in each piece.
A delightfully delicate spoon perfect for stirring pots or scooping.
- Dimensions: 22.5cm x 3cm
- Made from Doussie, a soft Vietnamese plantation timber that is ideal for hand-carving
- Finished with food-grade vegetable oil
*Due to the organic nature of this product colour may vary from the images here. Some spoons are dark and some are lighter depending on the season and available materials. If you have a preference for dark or light please leave it in the notes on the order.
CARING FOR YOUR WOODEN ITEMS
Our wooden items have been handcrafted and are waxed with food-grade bee’s wax. To keep your wood looking its best:
- Do not leave submerged in water – a dunk and play is ok – Left in water over a long period of time will cause the wood to be damaged.
- Dry with a tea towel after getting wet
- Then keep it beautiful with a rub of bee’s wax or vegetable oil into the wood to avoid the fibres lifting.
- Only use mild dishwashing detergent if needed
- Never put wood in the dishwasher
We work with Vietnamese social enterprises that promote Vietnamese handicrafts ensuring stability in the industry, work from home opportunities for young mothers and protection for traditional skills and crafts.